Diversity Inc. recently ran three articles on “Job-Seeking in the New Normal.” Here’s a brief rundown of the highlights:
1) connect with someone in the organizations where you’d like to work via professional social media like Linked In
2) create an online portfolio of your work
3) learn what the company needs, and develop an idea around that need
4) before the interview, make sure you have all the meeting details – meeting platform, interviewer names, who is placing the call – and don’t be afraid to ask
5) check your camera and microphone and do a run through ahead of time
6) as a backup to tech, make sure you have interviewer’s phone and email
7) keep a positive outlook Read full articles here.