Description and Qualifications
This position is a board director (see Board Member description) and will chair the Audit Committee. Candidate will:
- Have prior non-profit board experience
- Have experience in non-profit accounting
- Will have served on a non-profit board audit committee
- Will have contributed to the creation and submission of the annual IRS Form 990
As chair of the Audit Committee, the individual will be responsible for coordinating timely and accurate annual filing of the IRS Form 990, scheduling of Audit Committee meetings as required, distributing meeting minutes and interfacing with our external auditors.
Audit Committee Responsibilities
- Review any and all external audits
- Periodically conduct the bidding process for the Certified Independent Audit and make recommendations accordingly to the Board
- Review with the Independent Auditor the scope and planning of the audit prior to commencement and make itself available for communications with the auditor during the process
- Prepare and recommend to the Board a written response addressing any and all deficiencies or improvements cited in external audits including required communications for the independent audit
- Review procedures to ensure compliance with the tax laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the Corporation’s tax exempt status
- Oversee the compliance implementation of the Corporation’s conflict of interest provisions, including “Related Party Transactions”, and whistleblower provisions as stated herein and/or board-approved policy
Other Important Information
Reader’s Digest Partners for Sight publishes a large print edition of Reader’s Digest Select Editions, known as Select Editions Large Type (SELT). SELT has subscribers across the United States. Knowledge of exempt tax handling is a strong plus in this candidate. Partners for Sight is classified as a Public Charity under IRS rules. To maintain this favored status Partners for Sight must meet a number of requirements, one of which is that we satisfy the public support test. The sale of SELT currently fulfills this requirement.
Please email [email protected] with your expression of interest and resume.